CLUTCH SERVICE AND REPAIR
Is your favorite car to drive a manual transmission, but the clutch is acting up? The clutch is a basic framework on your vehicle, and it’s a framework which must be solid and exceedingly responsive on the road. Clutch repair should be done right, and professionally. This isn’t the kind of work which you should do at home. Rohnert Park Transmission can narrow down the problem with your clutch by using our Transmission Initial Vehicle Check. Once we isolate the problem, our certified technicians can perform the following services:
- Remove the transmission from the vehicle
- Inspect all parts for problems
- Fix any parts to match Rohnert Park Transmission standards
- Reinstall the transmission
- Top off fluids
- Do a lift check to ensure all parts are working properly
- Give it a test drive to ensure your safety back on the road
How to know if your clutch is going out?
All clutches are designed to go 50k to 80k miles, in normal operating conditions. Newer car clutches can perform for even longer, with some lasting beyond 100k miles. The first place you should start looking when determining the condition of your clutch is in your vehicle owner’s manual to learn more about the manufacturer’s recommendation for inspection or replacement.
Here are the most common problems associated with a worn clutch:
- Your Transmission is slipping out of gear – A worn clutch cable may cause your transmission to slip or “pop” out of a gear. This can commonly occur when your are accelerating and the vehicle has a heavy load. You will have to put the gear back into place, each time it slips or “pops” out.
- Difficult or hard clutch petal – A clutch can become jammed or stuck and as a result, the clutch cable will not move when the clutch pedal is depressed. Continuing to try to apply pressure on a jammed clutch pedal that is resisting pressure, may cause the clutch to break.
- The clutch pedal sinks to the floor with no pressure applied – If the clutch cable breaks, it will cause the clutch pedal to become disconnected from the linkage and leave little or no resistance when the pedal is pressed.
Why are we are considered “The Clutch Repair Experts”?
Rohnert Park Transmission is a full service transmission and clutch repair shop. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service possible, each and every time! Our clutch repair mechanics are certified and have the ability to repair any issue that you may experience. Our most valuable service is our transmission & clutch rebuilds, repairs and replacements. We have been in business at the same location for many years. Our client base remains loyal year after year, due to our excellent customer service, ability to isolate the problem and repair it for a price that is fair. If you have a vehicle with clutch issues in need of repair, give us a call. Our knowledgeable staff is ready to get your vehicle back on the road and operating efficiently, in no time at all.